Wednesday, August 7, 2013

what my classroom wore


So as you all read on Monday, my first day back to school has come and gone.  It was quite the busy summer, as I decided to change grade levels and move all the way across the school!  I have spent the last four years teaching fourth graders, which I absolutely loved.  Then, the opportunity came along to transfer down to first grade.  I am really not one to make rash decisions, but something inside me told me I needed to make the move.  Although I am not too spontaneous, I will say that when these gut feelings come along, I don't question them and follow my instinct!  

Basically, everything I have created in the last four years became "trash,"  as it did not apply to the first grade curriculum.  Then, I had the lovely realization that my furniture did not translate to the first grade, either.  The desks and chairs are much shorter!  So after a lot of work, decorating, planning, and selling items on Craigslist- I am ready to reveal my first grade classroom.

Typically,  I do not share too much of my personal life on my blog, other than my fashion and personal style.  I will say that this is something near and dear to my heart, and after this labor of love I wanted to share it with my lovely readers.  Teaching is one of the biggest blessings in my life, and is an opportunity that I am so very thankful for.






























Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy!

PS:  If you are the poor victim of me not getting back to you in a prompt manner through email, this is the reason why ;)

Sincerely,




10 comments:

  1. Amazing. I love your room! I wish I could be in 1st grade again and have as my teacher! I love the cubbys and the cute crate stools. You are such a creative blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! If you don't mind sharing where you got the fun stuff for your bulletin boards this future student teacher will be very grateful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely lovely. A good teacher is such a blessing. You have created the perfect home away from home for these little children. Gosh, I would love to learn in this classroom. Thank you for being an educator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This class is so inviting. I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely one of the cutest classrooms I've EVER seen! Your students are so, so lucky. Good luck in first grade! I taught it for 10 years before moving up to 2nd grade. I think 1st grade teachers work harder than anyone else, but they also get to see the most growth in their students. It's a magical year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely one of the cutest classrooms I have EVER seen! Good luck in 1st grade. I taught 1st for 10 years before moving up to 2nd grade. I think first grade teachers work harder than anyone else, but they also see the most growth in their students. It's a magical year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS room. So glad you shared! Have a great school year.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    5th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get the big paperclips and colored pencil decor?

    ReplyDelete
  10. SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CCCUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE! If there was a trophy for classroom deco of the year...you would win! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...