Monday, August 5, 2013

what i wore: back to school blues











Dress: c/o Altar'd State | Shoes: Tory Burch | Clutch: Clare Vivier (similar and more affordable version here)| Monogram Necklace: VeryJane | Other Necklaces: Vintage | Sunnies: Anthropologie | Earrings: Jcrew | Bracelets: Jcrew 1, Jcrew 2, and Stella and Dot | Ring: Dillard's | Watch: Michael Kors | Lips: MAC Candy Yum Yum | Nails: Essie "Recessionista"

Today marks the official first day of school!  It was my very first day as a first grade teacher, and coming from fourth grade, it was QUITE the change.  I was so very nervous, but am happy to report that I absolutely love my new class of little darlings.  

Things that made this day a success:
No children cried.
I received many hugs and "Today was so fun!" messages.

Victory, right?

Now- on to what we are all focused on right now: Back to School/ Fall 2013 Trends.  One trend, that is by no means new, is the boho chic trend.  This trend seems to make a regular appearance time and time again, regardless of the season.  There is something about being so comfortable, and effortlessly chic that draws me to this style.  

My boho chic icon?  
Nicole Ritchie.  
Boho chic just looks so cool.

Now, let's talk about this amazing dress.  I was so thrilled when a representative from Altar'd State contacted me to learn more about their amazing store.  Not only are they based in Knoxville, TN (shout out to my alma mater), they are a company that truly focuses on giving back to the community, as well as providing affordable fashion!

Want to know more, keep reading:

Altar’d State started with a mission to fill a gap in the retail industry and change the world for the better. We began as one little shop; learning, growing, defining who we are. When we liked what we made, we branched out and continued developing along the way. Since 2009, we have grown our footprint from one fledgling retail shop to nearly 30 booming fashion boutiques across our region. We have no plans to stop.

People often ask us why? The answer is simple, to give back. It is not just what we do, it is who we are. We want to do more than provide fashionable alternatives to young women who want to make a difference. We want to inspire a movement to stand out - for good.

Our pillars of philanthropy are:
  • Mission Mondays where every Monday 10% of net proceeds go to various local charities
  • Funding employee volunteer hours each month
  • Working with vendor partners who share our mission to give back
Pretty amazing, right?

Head on over to the Altar'd State site to learn more and find some amazing clothes, shoes, and accessories!
PS:  They are having their end of season sale, in which you can take an extra 50% off.

Sincerely,



4 comments:

  1. Yay for Knoxville girls!!! Recent new follower of your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole Richie IS good! I think hers is my next haircut. I don't know how the Kardashians do the long hair thing all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable dress! I wish I could wear this to my office! Glad to hear you had a good first day :)

    Jacqueline
    www.purelypeanut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. no one cried & you look gorgeous - sounds like a WIN!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...