Saturday, July 13, 2013

blogger spotlight: metropolitan thread

 

Meet Kendal Stopak.
 
She is the beauty and brains behind the up and coming style blog, Metropolitan Thread.  This gorgeous DC based photographer not only has an enviable closet, but also has beauty AND talent on her side.  I discovered Kendal's blog through Bethany of B Soup (hay girl!), and became an instant follower! Something about her style is so care free and fun.  A little bit classic, a little bit funky, and a whole lot of elegance- Kendal has some serious street style that cannot be beat!  Continue reading to find out more about this lovely blogger, and then be sure to stop by her blog to give her some love!      
__________________________________________________________________________________


WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far? 



WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?
 
I love all of the bright brights in anticipation for Memorial Day Weekend. I loved mixing the subtle patterns and textures.


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

I decided to start blogging as a place to put down all of my inspiration. Fashion Blogging is like playing dress up, but for grown ups. I always have so much fun mixing and matching different pieces that I already own, to see how many ways I can wear it all.


WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

I was hesitant that it would be an epic fail and no one would want to follow or care about my fashion sense. You just need to be confident in yourself and blog because YOU love it. Do it for yourself, not for anyone else.


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog? 

Stay confident and be true to you. If you believe in your style, then everyone else will too.


WUYW:  What do you do for a living?  

I’m a professional photographer. So with that and a knack for fashion, they both went hand in hand. My boss does all of the photography for my blog!


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

I’d say edgy-girl-next-door.


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?
 
That’s a tough one… I’d have to say my David Yurman ring. It was a gift from my Grandparents for College Graduation, so it has a lot of sentimental value to it. It’s also gorgeous. 


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

Blogger Song of Style. I’d like to think she and I have a very similar taste in fashion. It’s also very inspiring to see how far she has come since she first began her fashion blog. 


WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Anna Dello Russo. Between the couture, vintage, and designers she wears… I can only imagine how big her closet is. I also love all of the colors and patterns she incorporates into her wardrobe.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Like what you see?
Find more Metropolitan Thread here:

 
A big thanks to the darling Kendal of Metropolitan Thread  
for interviewing on behalf of WUYW this week!  

Sincerely,

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...