Saturday, July 6, 2013

blogger spotlight: lemon stripes


This week, Wake Up Your Wardrobe had the honor of interviewing the beautiful Julia of Lemon Stripes. As a newlywed in NYC, her blog offers fierce fashion, vibrant colors, and even some amazing recipes. I love heading to Julia's blog as a source of inspiration for fearless style.  The way she color blocks is hands down phenomenal. She even has her own online boutique, which you can find here! The jewelry offered in her shop in AH-MAZING! Keep reading to find out more about Julia, and be sure to stop by her blog afterwards to give her some love!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

Definitely this yellow suit post. I took these photos to celebrate leaving my job and starting my own business. The life of an entrepreneur is scary but I’m so happy that I made the jump!


WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?

The outfit really represented me. I love color and mixing it in a way that you might not think possible. But then when you see it together, it somehow makes sense.

 
WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog? 

I started my blog in 2010 just for fun. I literally didn’t even know that fashion blogging existed, I just wanted to share my ideas with friends and family. Who knew it was such an industry?!


WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

It’s scary to put yourself out there. You never know if people are going to hate what you do or love it. The response has been overwhelmingly positive but I have had 2 really negative comments (not a bad track record) and those break my spirit a little. At the end of the day, you have to let it roll off. Not everyone is going to agree with my style and that’s fine.


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Be you! It is an obvious answer but I spent so much time in my early blogging days, trying to be like other bloggers and that definitely harmed my blog at the time. Now I do all me all the time and that is when people really have started to react and support me. People can go anywhere to see a fashion blog, there are literally hundreds of thousands of them. They come to see you because something about your style speaks to them.


WUYW:  What do you do for a living?  

I blog full time and am opening an online boutique. I just quit my job as a sales director for an online holistic nutrition school. Quite a different career path!


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

Preppy, colorful, bright, but with an underlining classic vibe.


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

My wedding dress. I know I’ll never wear it again but it represents the best day of my life so far. It was a lace Monique Lhuillier and my tailor and I reworked it to be more my style by adding lace cap sleeves, chopping off the train, and accessorizing it with a sparkling belt. It was stunning.


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

Jenna Lyons is my biggest style influence, hands down. What she has done with J.Crew is an incredible feat and she and her team never cease to amaze me.


WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Well, Jenna of course! 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A huge thank you to the beautiful Julia of Lemon Stripes!

Like what you see?
Find more here:

Sincerely,
    

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely feature. Thank you, Morgan!

    xx,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...