Saturday, June 22, 2013

blogger spotlight: walking in memphis in high heels


I have a very special place in my heart for our blogger of this week's blogger spotlight, as she is located in my hometown of Memphis, TN!  Meet Laura of Walking in Memphis in High Heels.  Probably one of the most astounding things is that Laura's blog is fairly new- created in December of 2012.  With an incredible following thus far, she has accomplished so many things in these past few months, and I love reading her posts.   She has impeccable taste, and is mindful of any reader's budget by offering a Splurge/Steal version of her outfits. She has been such a doll to correspond with, and I cannot wait until we have our future Day to Night collaboration together.  How lucky am I?

  Oh, did I mention her hair is AH-MAZING?!?!?!?!  
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

My favorite outfit so far was the outfit post from May 7.  I normally wear shorter shorts, but had been wanting to try the boyfriend style with heels.  I went back and forth in the dressing room debating on whether to even buy them or not.  It was one of those purchases I was sure I would probably return because they would just hang in my closet, but it turns out they’re one of my favorite pairs of shorts now.


WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?
I don’t know if it was the lighting or the bright colors I wore, but I think the beautiful colors in my outfit just pop, and they really represent me well.  I love bright, fun colors, so I am naturally drawn to outfits that are colorful.  

 
WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

I started blogging 5 months ago after my husband urged me to.  I had been reading fashion blogs for just a few months, but had really begun to get into them.  He said why not just start one yourself.  I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of that before, but I’m so glad he gave me the extra push and motivation that I needed.

 
WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?
 
I started my blog during my first semester of grad school.  I’m in school full-time, and I work full-time, so I would definitely say my biggest hesitation was whether I could juggle it all.  It was a little tough at first and it has taken a while to get into more of a routine, but starting a fashion blog has been one of the best choices I’ve made so far.  I’ve met so many great people and I absolutely love doing it.  I love sharing my passion with others and also getting more outfit inspiration from other fellow bloggers.  It has been a wonderful creative outlet for me.


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Be yourself.  Find what you like and you do best, and display that through your blog.  Also try to find a good routine with when to post.  That way your readers can look forward to reading at a certain time or day.  Also, the better the quality photos, the better the post.  Everyone loves looking at nice photos.  = )


WUYW:  What do you do for a living? 
I’m a credit analyst in the corporate world and am working my way towards becoming a credit manager.

 
WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

Downtown chic?  That’s what I’ve been told, but I call it a little bit of everything.  = )  I think I have a bit of an eclectic style.  If I had to pick 3 stores to represent my style, I would say J. Crew, Urban Outfitters and BCBG.


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

From my closet, I would have to say my Citizens of Humanity skinny jeans.  I have definitely gotten my money’s worth out of them.  In the winter, I am definitely a jeans girl.  Any item including accessories?  I would have to say my new Karen Walker sunglasses.  In love.  = )


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?
Pink Peonies has always definitely been my favorite fashion blogger as far as style goes.  I feel like her style is pretty versatile, and I’ve never seen her wear an outfit that I wouldn’t wear.  Every time I see her wear something, I usually own the same piece, so I think her style represents mine pretty well too.  It isn’t anything too out there, and they are pieces that I can usually always wear to work and out also.


WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?
 
Definitely Oliva Palermo.  She looks amazing in everything she wears.  She can do trendy, girly, casual, pretty much everything.  Enough said.  = )
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Like what you see?

Find more of


Sincerely,




3 comments:

  1. Love this!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's precious! Her hair amazing. Love a woman that isn't afraid of color :). BlogNashville field trip to Memphis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...