Saturday, June 1, 2013

blogger spotlight: life with emily


This week's blogger spotlight is featuring the gorgeous super model, wait- I mean blogger, Emily of Life with Emily.  Currently residing in North Carolina, Emily is truly an open book with her readers.  And as an avid reader of Emily's blog, I cannot express enough how much of a breath of fresh air she is!  One of my favorite things she has done most recently is challenging herself to blog everyday for the whole month of May! Each day has a certain theme, and she has been so sweet to share so much of her life beyond the blogging world with her readers. Oh, and did I mention that she has killer style on an affordable budget?  

Classy, sassy, and packed with lots of southern charm.

Keep reading to find out more about Miss Emily!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

Oh goodness, that’s a tough one! That is like asking “What’s your favorite item in your closet?” (!!!!) I recently posted a What I Wore feature on a hot pink studded dress. I think I would have to say that would be my favorite. But, a close second is my What I Wore feature on The Utility Jacket, which is pretty much my fall uniform!


WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?

That would be my favorite because a) I loved how the hot pink dress really spoke for itself without really needing many accessories, b) I like simple, yet fun outfits and that’s exactly what that accomplished c) it was a fun take on a shift type dress! Plus, the brightness of the dress combined with the background seemed pretty much perfect!


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

Well, Life with Emily originally started out as a lifestyle blog (hence the name) to document my second half of college. That was enjoyable, but I really wanted to bring something to my blog that I really loved: fashion. I’m still pretty much fresh out of college, so my fashion posts are focused on being fun, simple, and practical! I’m a fashionista on a budget (& I think I make it work pretty well!!)


WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

It is always a little nerve-racking to “put yourself out there” for the world to see. Essentially, when you create a blog you’re opening yourself up to the world, and in turn you open yourself up to criticism. But, the way I see it whether you do something right or not, you’re going to be criticized, so you might as well have fun! I am so glad I didn’t let my hesitations get in the way of something I have really grown to love over the years.


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

This is probably pretty cliche, but first, be yourself. Write for yourself and it will all come natural from there. Second, have fun with your blog, don’t be afraid to post your thoughts! Third, the more effort you put into your blog the more you will get  out of it.


WUYW:  What do you do for a living?  

I work for my parent’s real estate and property management company doing marketing and advertising.


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

Simple and classic, with a hint of trendy and fun!


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

This makes me anxious just thinking about it! I would save my hot pink blazer. It’s from H&M and it was one of those pieces that I had been searching for, for what seemed like years. I happened upon it by chance and wear it all the time (and style it so many different ways!)


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

Bloggers definitely influence my style a lot. A lot of the big fashion bloggers I read daily will have an amazing piece of clothing or accessories that I like and I will find my own way to style them (or find a look-a-like!)



WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?
Hmmm... there are so many people who have different style than me, but their pieces are so fabulous.... like Blaire from Atlantic-Pacific, Devon from Devon Rachel, Jessica from Bows & Sequins, and Rachel from Pink Peonies. I would trade with them any day (and I would definitely get the good end of the deal ;-) )

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 A sincere thank you to the beautiful Emily of Life with Emily!

Like what you see?
Find Life with Emily here:

Sincerely,





2 comments:

  1. Love her style! Especially the maxi dresses! Gorgeous girl :) xx
    www.blondebutterfloes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly! What a gorgeous gal! Thanks for the intro, I am headed over to meet her a little more now!
    xx

    Here&Now
    Enter my $50 giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...