Saturday, May 4, 2013

blogger spotlight: tartan and sequins

This weekend's blogger spotlight is featuring the stunning, and I mean stunning, Julia of Tartan & Sequins!  This is one of my absolute favorite blogs...from home decor, outfit posts, and even recipes, Tartan & Sequins literally has it all.  There is something so elegantly understated about Julia and Allison's taste in clothing, interior design, and pretty much anything else they choose to feature on their blog! If you have not stopped by their blog yet (is there anyone who hasn't stopped by their blog yet?), please read this interview and then scoot on over there ASAP!
 

____________________________________________________________________________________  

WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far? 

I know this may seem like a cop out, but I’m not sure if I can pinpoint just one post or outfit. I feel like with every post I do, I am growing and refining my brand. To that end, the best is yet to come!


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

My blog partner Allison (currently on a leave of absence) and I decided to start a blog towards the end of 2011. We found ourselves dishing about everything little thing from necklaces to candlesticks to Arrested Development and thought, why not share all of our fabulousness and hilarity with the world!


WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation? 

I think my biggest hesitiation was probably that I wanted our blog’s design to look legit and portray our brand in the right way. The first few iterations were a little janky but finally Allison’s brother-in-law swooped in and saved the day with our current design!


WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog? 

Be very aware that blogging is not for the faint of heart. It takes a ton of time and investment. Even when you are busy, people are looking for content every day so you have to keep cranking it out. To that end, one of the best pieces of advice I got from a friend who runs a start-up was to never quit. He said to just keep slogging through it, even when times get tough, and things will eventually work out.


WUYW: What do you do for a living?  

I am an Account Supervisor at an ad agency here in San Francisco. What that means is that I manage the day-to-day strategic and creative development of TV commercials, print ads, online advertising, etc- basically all of my client’s advertising. I love it because, while I am not the “creative” person in the room, advertising is inherently creative so it’s a nice mix of left brain/right brain. I sort of cannot imagine myself doing anything else (except blogging, naturally).


WUYW: How would you describe your style? 

Hmmm I would say classic with a twist? For example, on a recent Saturday night, I just had on some dark skinny jeans and a white vneck but then threw on a lime green moto jacket and some killer heels to edge it up.


WUYW: If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be? 

HEAVEN FORBID IS RIGHT. I’m going to go with my Burberry Trench. It’s timeless and classic, and I can be wearing a t-shirt and leggings (I know, I know) and throw the trench on over that and head to the grocery store looking like a million bucks. At least that’s how I feel haha!


WUYW: Who or what is currently influencing your style the most? 

This is an interesting question with an interesting answer. I think the idea of trying to look a little more put together on a daily basis is inspiring to me. I think there are a lot of bloggers out there who get all done up for 3-4 outfit shoots on the weekends but then dress normally the rest of the time. This idea, and one I have been 100% guilty of in the past, perpetuates this idea that you have to be ON all the time- you have to always be in full makeup with 5 inch heels and have gobs of jewelry on. Let’s be real, that shit is simply not realistic. As such, I find the idea of putting just a little bit more effort into my daily look and perhaps snapping a couple pics before I go out, much more appealing. 


WUYW: If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

I hate to say this because I think she’s probably a terrible person, but Olivia Palermo. Her wardrobe and how she styles herself is impeccable.

____________________________________________________________________________________   

Like what you see? 

Find Tartan & Sequins here:


A big thanks to Julia of Tartan & Sequins

Sincerely,




 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous girl and lovely style! Great feature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...