Saturday, May 11, 2013

blogger spotlight: the chiffon diary

 
For this week's blogger spotlight, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to interview Nicholl Vincent. She is the beautiful Colombian bombshell behind the fabulous blog, The Chiffon Diary, who interestingly enough grew up in Memphis, TN (just like me)!  She now resides in the beautiful Miami, Florida with her adorable family while working as a manager at the always spectacular J.Crew.  Keep on reading to find out the scoop from Miss Nicholl herself!
 
____________________________________________________________________________________

WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

I really like the simplicity of this one.

 
WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?

I don’t know if it’s my best. I don’t rank my posts as they are all important to me at the time. I simply like the simplicity of that outfit, but I typically like most of my outfits- otherwise I wouldn’t wear them, or post them. I don’t expect anyone else to like them though, I understand fashion is all personal. 


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

I started my blog a year ago to date. It began as a lifestyle blog to document my life away from home as a newlywed, then one thing led to another and it became a “fashion blog.” I prefer to just call it a personal style book.


WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

My biggest hesitation was that nobody would read it. Then I just got over myself and decided it didn’t matter. If nothing else, I can look back a few years from now and laugh at myself. Isn’t that why we purchase yearbooks in high school?


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Do your thing! You get ONE chance to do anything and everything you want to. So give it a shot! You have nothing to lose.

 
WUYW:  What do you do for a living? 

I work as a manager at J.Crew.


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

A little bit of everything.


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

My vince Camuto booties. I get the most use out of them.


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

Right now, living in Miami Beach is what influences it the most. I want to look the part of living life Tropical. 

 
WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?
 
Blair from Atlantic-Pacific. 
But really, nobody. I would sell their stuff and buy myself new things ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Like what you see?

Find The Chiffon Diary here:


And a warm "thank you" to the lovely Nicholl 
for participating in this week's blogger spotlight!

Sincerely,




1 comment:

  1. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this brilliant blog! I guess for now i'll
    settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

    Also visit my weblog Ray Ban Wayfarer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...