Wednesday, May 1, 2013

beauty shop


Just like I get the itch to change my hair style frequently, I also get the itch to experiment with my beauty products.  Most of the time I try new products as they come out, and then tend to gravitate back to my tried and true favorites (seen here).  It is very seldom that I find something that conquers my top picks that I have grown accustom to.  This week, while I was bedridden, I did a lot of research on various makeup products and techniques. From moisturizers, primers, foundations, brushes, lip stains- you name it, I read it. 

I am learning that although the makeup itself is important, having the right brushes/tools and learning how to use those brushes/tools is equally important.  I swear I have bought the exact same products as someone else, and my finished look is very different from their finished look.   How frustrating! 

A priceless resource I have started to utilize is YouTube.  It has so many step-by-step guides filmed by makeup artists.  I was never "taught" how to apply makeup.  I never had my makeup professionally done until my wedding day. My main beauty goals are learning how to properly contour, creating the perfect cat eye, and applying false lashes (this will be my ultimate demise). 

Here is one of the best tutorials for a cat eye that I found:


Also, this was an easy to understand guide for a cat eye:

via
 This is the contouring guide I have been using:

via

Here are some of the things that I picked up this week in my latest beauty haul: 

Sonia Kashuk Floral Print Double Zip Clutch
This is actually much bigger in person than it looks in this photo! 
I loved the double zipper feature- one side for my products, and one side for my brushes/tools.



 e.l.f. Studio Brush Set
I was looking to purchase some brushes involved in a lot of the tutorials I have been following.  I had no idea what each one was for, until now.  This set seemed to include the most necessary brushes and was the best bang for my buck.  These are actually extremely well made and super soft.


 Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge
It seems that the "Beauty Blender" from Sephora is the latest rage in makeup application.  I cannot justify the need to spend $20+ on a tiny egg-shaped sponge.  Then I found this at Target for half of the price and I love its easy-to-hold shape.


Sonia Kashuk Dual Foundation/ Powder Retractable Brush
Um, this is just cool.  A retractable brush with dual purposes?  You better believe this baby will be in my purse for on the go touch ups!


Sonia Kashuk Core Tools Concealer Brush No. 110
This was one of the brushes not included in the e.l.f set that I purchased above, but felt that it was important to have.  I have always used Sonia Kashuk brushes- they literally last forever!


Sonia Kashuk Small Eyeshadow Brush No. 07
Again, another brush that was not included in the e.l.f. set that I purchased. I loved the easy-grip handle that allows you to hold the brush in a variety of ways.  Perfect for blending!


So apparently this is the long lost key of success with perfecting the cat eye.  Great for applying gel eyeliner.  The angle of the brush allows for the perfect little flick at the end of your eye.

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Crean & Lash Serum Duo
So excited to try this!  Anti-aging to help lift and brighten your eyes all while fighting wrinkles.  Also comes with a lash serum that claims to have similar results of Latissee- thickening and lengthening of lashes.


Make Up For Ever Uplight
This is supposed to give a beautiful, healthy, dewy finish to skin after makeup application. Perfect for highlighting facial features. 


Make Up For Ever Microfinish Blush
This is supposed to be very long lasting, smooth finishing blush.  I think that perfect pink cheeks are the best pairing with a simple cat eye!



I did try to buy the Kat von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (I've heard it's the best!), but it was sold out at my local Sephora store.  I even went online to purchase it, but it was sold out there, too!
I am excited to see if I can see a difference with the new products that I did manage to get my hands on!

Have you all tried any of these?

What are your tried and true makeup products?  

Sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...