Wednesday, April 17, 2013

what i wore: pattern mixing 101









And one with little bear...


Shirt: Forever 21 - ordered in literally every color | Shorts: Ellison (similar here) | Shoes: Express ($9.99 on sale at the end of last summer?!?!?) | Bag: Betsey Johnson | Sunnies: Prada | Panama Hat: Forever 21 | Necklaces: J.Crew and Etsy | Bracelets:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 |

I have been seeing lots of inquiries lately of how to properly mix patterns.  First of all, I think the whole idea of "pattern mixing" is to not follow any rules- so don't think about it too hard! I do understand that there is a fine line of wearing it well and looking like you got dressed in the dark!  

I think the *best* tips that I have received are to stay in the same color family and/or wear small prints with large prints- not too much of any one. 
I am not sure that anything will ever beat a stripes + polka-dots combo in my book.

 So here is my attempt at mixing prints and wishing I was on a European getaway!
 (any excuse to wear my panama hat, right?)

Sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...