Monday, April 8, 2013

what i wore: neon j.crew + five things you may not know about me











 Blouse: Rock and Republic for Kohl's (no longer available) | Capris: J.Crew Factory | Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target | Purse: Piperlime (no longer available) | Necklace: Ann Taylor (no longer available) | Sunnies: Urban Outfitters | Arm Candy: Citizen Watch, David Yurman 1, 2, 3, and 4, Candy Linx c/o (similar here), David Yurman Ring | Earrings: Jcrew Factory

So this is the outfit that I wore to Nashville Fashion Week on Night 1, which you can see photos from here

And now to the good stuff- my adorable blogger friend Katie Lee over at Pearls and Twirls tagged me for the "Five Things You May Not Know About Me" post that has been going around. So here it goes....

Five Things You May Not Know About Me

 1.  I hate to exercise.  Like- really, really, really hate to exercise.  Sweating is not for me. I have to make a very clear and conscious decision to try and eat well and work out.  Basically I workout during the summers and not during the school year. 
Yikes.
PS: I secretly love McDonalds cheeseburgers and fries.
 (You can see the predicament I am in!)

Coco and I running on the beach

2. My husband Ryan and I dated for four and half years long distance!  We never lived in the same city while dating, until I moved to Nashville to be with him and he proposed!  I was a little nervous to see how we would adjust seeing each other ALL the time once we lived in the same place. 
Don't worry- it has been the best time of my life being married to him :)

Ryan and I at our Couple's Shower

3.  I am painfully shy and what I would like to call "socially awkward." Hahaha!  Seriously, I am so comfortable teaching in front of nine and ten year olds all day, but when it comes to being in social situations/ public speaking/ interacting with people my age or older, I am extremely anxious. It causes me to bite my nails, which is a terrible habit I have had since kindergarten.  I literally shake like a leaf on Open House night at school when I have to talk in front of parents. I usually do not talk to anyone unless they first initiate conversation with me- unless you are one of my good friends. 
Then I don't shut up.

Snapshot of my 4th Grade Classroom

4.  The number one thing on my bucket list is to travel abroad it Europe.  My family has always gone on many trips outside of the county- but never to Europe.  Ryan and I have a deal that we will go on an extended trip in the next few years before we settle down and start having children. I am literally counting down the days- and of course pretty much have all of my outfits planned out. On the agenda:  Spain, England, France, Germany, Greece, and Italy!

Ryan and I in Antigua on our honeymoon

5. I have terrible, terrible allergies.  I am basically allergic to any outdoor allergens that exist. The doctors have told me that ragweed can kill me!  I have never tested this theory.  It got so bad that I technically had a continuous sinus infection from my Senior year of prom (2005) all the way through my master's year in college (2010).  I tried allergy shots, which were a major FAIL. I never got past the first level of shots without having a scary reaction. Because of this, I had to have sinus surgery and reconstructive surgery on my nose.  Thankfully no one has noticed that my nose is different, except for me and my new ability to smell/ breathe!  I was extremely nervous because this procedure was months before my wedding!

Getting Ready on our Wedding Day!

Now I tag  Exclusively Chic, Carrie Bradshaw Lied, B Soup, Kacie's Kloset, and Happily Grey.

Sincerely,



3 comments:

  1. Those shoes are from Target!? I'm going after work! Love them. xolili

    www.satinandscotch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this outfit! You look fab! I love learning more about my fav bloggers :) That's crazy that you and your man dated long distance for so long.

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Same name same job! You are like me in 2 years.
    This post was really sweet, it was nice getting to know more about you!
    Love,
    Morgme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...