Saturday, April 13, 2013

blogger spotlight: suburban faux-pas

Meet Krystin, the beyond stylish and savvy blogger behind Suburban Faux-Pas.  
Something about her (and it's not just her lust worthy wardrobe) just oozes class, sass, and a little bit of retro nostalgia.  I absolutely adore all of her outfit posts, the way she styles her hair, and most definitely her sunglasses collection.  She is my first "out of the country" blogger spotlight, visiting all the way from Canada, while currently working in PR! 
Make sure to keep reading to find out more about Krystin and her blog!
____________________________________________________________________________________


WUYW: Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

Oh that’s a toughie! I recently posted an outfit featuring a bold striped midi skirt with red pumps and I must say, it’s one my favs!

WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?

I think it’s my best post to date because it truly captures my style - a feminine twist on an otherwise casual outfit. This outfit perfectly transitions from day to night and being a working girl, that’s a recipe for the perfect outfit.

WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

I started Suburban Faux-Pas back in February of 2012. I have to say it was the positive feedback I had from my Instagram pictures that encouraged me to take the concept of my outfit posts and translate them to a blog.

WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

I would say my biggest hesitation was overcoming the fear of my friends and family knowing about the blog. I’m normally quite shy and reserved so starting a fashion blog and being proud to share it with others was a major roadblock for me. Thankfully, everyone has been so up building and positive about my success and it truly inspires me to continue.


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Stay genuine! You can’t be concerned with other people’s success or it will consume you completely. I find trying to remain humble and being thankful for every comment, like or share really helps me to stay grounded and remain appreciative of what I have accomplished.

WUYW:  What do you do for a living?

When I’m not blogging, my 9-5 career is planted in public relations.

WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

I would say that my style is feminine meets functional. I’m a working girl and I’m always looking to showcase outfits on the blog that can truly for the office and transition to a night out. That being said, I never shy away from girly touches such as bows, sparkles and pops of pink.

WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

That one is easy! My wedding dress. I’m sure it should be stored somewhere better than the closet but it just has so much sentimental meaning to me and I couldn’t think of anything better to save.


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

I’m really loving the mod revival we’ve seen lately. Whether it’s muted floral prints, swing dresses, oversized sunnies or teased hair, I’m all about this look.

WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Another tough one! I must say, she was one of my first inspirations and still manages to woo me with her ensembles so I’d have to say Blair from Atlantic Pacific.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Like what you see?

Find Krystin from 

 

A big thanks to the darling Krystin of Suburban Faux-Pas!

Sincerely,






1 comment:

  1. I love Suburban Faux-Pas! So glad you did a feature on her!

    xoxo,

    Laura
    http://miss-beanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...