Saturday, April 20, 2013

blogger spotlight: penny pincher fashion


This weekend's blogger spotlight is featuring Penny Pincher Fashion, authored by the ethereally gorgeous Kimberly, who just so happens to have the most perfect skin complexion I have ever seenOne of the reasons I was first drawn to Kimberly's blog is because of it's mission- to find affordable fashion for us gals who like to stick to a budget!  Her outfits are always simple, playful, and extremely realistic and attainable.  She even has sale/clearance alerts on her blog to update her readers of penny pinching opportunities!  

Keep reading to find out more about this darling stay at home mommy, wife, and style blogger from upstate New York.
____________________________________________________________________________________

WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?


WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?

It was the first time I wore shorts on my blog, so I was proud of myself for that!  Also this outfit is quintessentially me – chambray shirt, tailored blazer + polka dots.


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

I started PPF in February of 2011 after my girlfriends & sister-in-law encouraged me to…mainly because they were tired of texting me to ask for my fashion advice! 


WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

For the longest time, I didn’t post outfit pictures…because I wasn’t 100% comfortable with posing for the camera.  But my readers kept asking for it so I begrudgingly started posting them and then they just asked for more, so now I do them 2-3 times a week.  My husband (who takes all my pictures) is so sweet & patient with me, which really helps my comfort level.


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Be yourself, always say thank you & don’t be afraid to say no to opportunities that come your way – even if they are profitable, they may not pay off in the end if it isn’t a natural fit for your site.


WUYW:  What do you do for a living? 

I am a wife & stay-at-home mom first & foremost.  I’m a blogger second.


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

Classic & feminine


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

My white H&M blazer – the fit is perfect, it goes with everything & I wear it a lot!


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

My 9-year-old daughter.  I love watching her develop an interest in fashion as she gets older and her brave combinations inspire me to take more risks & it’s a good reminder to have fun with my style.


WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Blake Lively – think about all that Chanel!!


____________________________________________________________________________________

A big thank you to the lovely Kimberly of Penny Pincher Fashion!

Like what you see?

You can find Penny Pincher Fashion here:

Blog
Instagram
Twitter
Pinterest
Facebook

Sincerely,


1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet feature - I am truly honored! Thank you so much for having me :)

    xo,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...