Saturday, April 6, 2013

blogger spotlight: oh so glam



Meet Christina!  She is the sweetheart, beauty, AND brains behind the personal style blog Oh So Glam One of my favorite things about Christina's blog is that her outfits always have an air of femininity to them - even if it is a completely tom-boyish outfit!  Talk about serious talent. She is consistently reinventing ways to style closet staples- which I adore.  Maybe this is why she was one of Lauren Conrad's Top 5 Bloggers! 

Keep reading to find out more about this lovely lady!

____________________________________________________________________________________



WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

That’s such a tough question! I always really gravitate back towards this post: Let’s
Don’t Call it a Night because not only did I love my outfit, but I loved the day! My
boyfriend surprised me and took me to a country concert so we took pictures in front of
this beautiful ranch!


WUYW: Why would you consider this your best post to date?

Above :)


WUYW: How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

I was looking for a creative outlet and was starting to read a lot of other style blogs (a
lot of which I had found through Pinterest). My boyfriend and I temporarily relocated
to Hoboken (just outside New York City) in the summer of 2011 and I thought it would
be the perfect time to take the plunge. Not only was it a great distraction from life’s
craziness, but it got us out of the hotel room to explore the city and was a great way to
spend time together. It ended up being one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.


WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

Honestly, I was a little concerned that people would think, “What the hell is a personal
style blog?” and “Who does she think she is?” I don’t work directly in the fashion
industry so why would anyone even care to read what I have to say? It actually took me
about six weeks to even push my blog public on my personal Facebook account so my
friends could see what I was up to. My fear of being the only person reading my blog
was quickly put to rest. I think the fact that I am just a normal girl on a normal budget
makes my blog more relatable!


WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

First of all, just go for it! That’s the hardest part. Once you have a blog and your feet
on the ground, and feel like you have a grasp on what you want to get out of your blog,
start making friends. Hands down, that has been my FAVORITE part of blogging. The
style blog market is more saturated now than ever before... which makes it hard to stand
out, but GREAT for meeting people who enjoy doing the same thing as you. Reach out
to bloggers who influence you, post thoughtful comments, and look for bloggers in your
area. I have made friends with girls who live minutes away and with some that are at
opposite ends of the country from me and the bond is instant, like I have known them my
entire life.


WUYW: What do you do for a living?

I work for a digital marketing agency as a Senior Project Manager.


WUYW: How would you describe your style?

Since my style is documented, it’s easy for me to see how much I have evolved over the
past year and a half. Because of that, it’s hard to pin-point an exact style. I absolutely
LOVE to try new things and switch it up on a regular basis. I do like classic, simple
pieces, layering and adding jewelry and pops of color to make an outfit more interesting.


WUYW: If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

The cowboy boots that I featured in my favorite post above. They were given to me by
my grandparents so there’s a lot of sentimental value behind them.


WUYW: Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

Pinterest and other bloggers are an amazing influence. When I buy a piece of clothing
or accessory, I usually know right off the bat how I plan to style it. Using Pinterest and
looking at other style blogs can shed so much light on outfit planning. I love seeing
similar pieces that I own on someone else, it’s great for idea generating and getting more
uses out of a loved item!


WUYW: If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Olivia Palermo must have a closet from Heaven! Her style is so sophisticated yet
perfectly on trend. She is an expert mixing classic pieces with flashy accessories and
getting the perfect results!


____________________________________________________________________________________

Like what you see?

Find Oh So Glam Here:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
YouTube

A big thanks to Christina for interviewing on behalf of WUYW!


Sincerely,


1 comment:

  1. I think Olivia Palermo takes the cake on people's most-wanted wardrobes! Great post! Great blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...