Saturday, April 27, 2013

blogger spotlight: a devine life


This week's blogger spotlight is featuring the sweet and lovely style blogger, Emily Devine, author of A Devine Life. Something about Emily, a California native, gives me a "Sarah Vickers (Classy Girls Wear Pearls) vibe"- but with more edge.  

And I mean that in the most amazing way.  

Her outfits seem to be so effortlessly polished, classic, and feminine.  Even better, she has been so kind and supportive to me as a fellow blogger! Don't you just love it when you e-meet darling people?

Keep reading for some inside scoop on Emily's personal style and blogging tips!  

____________________________________________________________________________________  


WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

Wow! This is a super hard question. I think maybe Twirling nTulle, or the outfit I posted on my Blogiversary.


WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?

Wearing plaid and tulle together is something I never thought I would do. But I loved it! And I had so much fun twirling around in the poofy skirt for pictures.


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog? 

If you asked me what a style blog was a couple years ago, I would have had no idea what you were talking about. I started A Devine Life about a year ago as a creative outlet to write about whatever, but after a few months, it became more about style and less about ice cream and indie movies. Yes, I once wrote a post about ice cream.


WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

It was really hard taking and posting pictures of myself! I mean, it’s a pretty awkward process. Figuring out how to pose, having people stare, then trying to find picture you aren’t making a weird face in…definitely a challenge. Eventually, I got used to people staring, figured out what poses showed off the outfits best, and embraced the sometimes strange faces. Also, I was pretty terrified that people would be mean in the beginning. But the blogging community is incredibly supportive!


WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Be yourself. Write about things that interest you and the growth will happen organically. You can tell when someone is really passionate about what they are doing. Also, put energy into your pictures! Good quality pictures go a long way.


WUYW:  What do you do for a living?  

I write website copy, newletters, and blog for a women’s clothing company, GoJane.


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

This is always a hard question to answer! Probably feminine, laid back, and colorful.


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

Oh my gosh. This is stressing me out just thinking about it. I would probably save the jewelry I inherited from family members. Or my CK purse, it’s my best friend.


WUYW: Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

Bloggers! I read so many amazing blogs, and I think I get more inspiration from them than any celebrity. Although, I always love Lauren Conrad.


 WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific! The girl oozes fabulous. Or maybe Miranda Kerr or Lauren Conrad (again).

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for participating in this week's blogger spotlight feature, Emily!

Like what you see?  

Find more of Emily from A Devine Life here!

Pinterest 

Sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. Totally obsessed with that first look. The bag is stunning. You always look fabulous, hun. If you get a second, I'd love if you'd enter my latest giveaway. Thanks so much, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...