Saturday, March 2, 2013

blogger spotlight: a pinch of lovely

This week I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to interview the lovely Krystal Bennett of A Pinch of Lovely.  She is a graphic designer currently living in Baton Rouge, LA.  If you have never stopped by Krystal's Etsy shop, you need to get with the program.  This girl is seriously talented and could make an invitation for any event look both understated AND elegant.  Make sure you stop by to check out her blog once you read her interview!
____________________________________________________________________________________

 WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

 My favorite post so far was my collaboration with photographer Tate Tullier. I decided to mix high and low price points by using a Forever 21 dress and my Chanel clutch. My heels were from Target! I think it's important to have your nice investment pieces while not spending a ton on trends. 


WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date? 
I love the mixed prints and how we really utilized downtown Baton Rouge. We used a really graphic wall to complement the dress and an area right by the river where it was nice and windy. I also just really love the overall tone and color of the images.


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?
Oddly enough, my blog did not start out as a fashion blog. It started out as more of a design blog where I documented products, photography and design work that I loved. After a couple of outfit posts, I realized that my analytics took a huge jump. I still have posts dedicated to other areas, but by far my most popular posts have become my styled posts on Wednesdays. 


WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

The biggest hesitation was to post photos of myself. I didn't want people to take it as bragging or to appear like I was trying to become some sort of model. I make sure to be myself, make it fun and post practical items that people can afford. 


WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?
My biggest advice is to utilize social media and to submit to blogger communities to get your name out there. It's important to make connections with both your readers and other bloggers this way.


WUYW:  What do you do for a living? 

I'm a graphic designer full-time, and I have my own freelance business designing stationery and invitations. 


WUYW:  How would you describe your style? 
It truly depends on my mood, but I love mixing in at least one whimsical and fun accessory no matter how serious the outfit. 
WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?
Truly tragic if I ever had to make this decision but either my tan YSL heels or my LV speedy bag. Both go with everything and will never go out of style.  
 
WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?
No brainer - Olivia Palermo. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to her outfits.
WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, whom would it be with? 
Clearly the answer to question 9, but I also adore Zoe Saldana. I've never seen her fail on the red carpet, and even her day-to-day outfits are flawlessly styled.
____________________________________________________________________________________

I hope that you all enjoyed getting to know a little bit about the author behind the amazing blog, A Little Pinch of Lovely!  A big thanks to Krysal for participating in this week's blogger spotlight feature :)

Make sure you check her out on:

 Blog

Sincerely,


6 comments:

  1. love the outfits on her! :)

    Thanks for introducing me to a new blogger!

    xoxo
    www.letterstomaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Glad you found her blog- it's so fun!

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for introducing us to a pinch of lovely, obsessed xo

    http://myotherclosetiscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! So happy that you found a wonderful blog to read :)

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete
  3. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!

    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ Hugs..

    http://www.youtube.com/pathymakeup
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I am so excited that you found my blog through a friend. I will be sure to stop by your blog :)

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...