Saturday, March 9, 2013

blogger spotlight: my style vita

This week's blogger spotlight features the darling Jessica Camerata of My Style Vita.   She is an aspiring personal stylist residing in Atlanta, Georgia with the cutest little Boston Terrier, Pork!  Not only does Jessica author My Style Vita, she also co-founded the newly launched Southern Blog Society.  It is a growing community of Southern lifestyle bloggers that introduces us all to one another as bloggers and even provides support/ tips for new bloggers.  If you live in the south and haven't joined- definitely check it out!  

Now to the good stuff- Jessica's interview about her personal style and life as a blogger at My Style Vita! My favorite posts of Jessica are her "Outfit du Jour" posts.  She has a special way of taking casual clothes (tees, jeans, leather jackets, etc.) and styling them in an effortlessly chic way.  She always seems to pull of that cool "it girl" factor.

____________________________________________________________________________________


 WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?
I think one of my favorites was my Coffee Shop Run post.

 WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?  

This post was my favorite mostly because it was so true to what my go to look is. A fun tee, skinnies, a bold shoe and lots of gold accessories.  There's something in each post that I love so it's really hard to choose just one!

WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?  

I started my blog almost 2 years ago (April is it's 2nd birthday!) and I really started it to get a writing portfolio started so I could get into journalism.  I was stuck at a job I hated and really wanted to get back to what I really love and that's writing and fashion.  I started the blog without ever reading a blog before.  I had no clue what was out there or what I was getting myself into.  It quickly turned into a full fledge obsession and it's my 2nd job.


WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?
 
 I actually had zero hesitations because I had no clue what I was doing anyway.  If I knew about blogs before starting one, I wonder if I really ever would've done it. It's so intimidating seeing all these expensive clothes on pretty bloggers with pretty photos. I'm glad I was clueless!

WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

 My number one tip to new bloggers is to get your act together sooner than later. Since I had no idea what went into a blog or how to do anything on a computer, the first year of My Style Vita was a drunken mess (we joke that "she" was totally wasted for a good solid year and is just now getting her act together). 

 There's so many inexpensive web designers out there specifically for bloggers, great sites like IFB and Southern Blog Society (the one me and Poor Little It Girl started of course) that is so helpful to newbies. I wish I knew of these sites earlier and wish I coughed up a measly $100 to get a beautiful site taken care of from the get go.  Besides the visual aspect of a blog that is so important, having your own voice and style is by far going to gain you the most loyal readers.  Stay true to who you are.
WUYW:  What do you do for a living? 
My 9-5 now (not my old one that I hated of course) is at Alternative Apparel.  I do inside sales for them here in Atlanta. I work with screen-printers and brands on getting them our product to create awesome t-shirts.  It's a pretty fun job and I get to express myself which is always a plus in the workforce.
WUYW:  How would you describe your style? 
I am still trying to figure out a specific word for it, I'm not quite "classy" or "edgy" but I can tell you I love great basics like a perfect tee and jeans and pairing them with fun bold shoes and a structured jacket. That would be my go to look for any occasion.  I definitely love feminine pieces and adding a sexy edge to them.  If this has a name, let me know, I've googled and have come up with nothing.
WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?
 I'd save none of it.  I know that sounds crazy but I really would almost want it all to burn so I can start over.  It's just clothing, life will go on.  But if you really want me to answer that question, I guess I'll say my faux leather jacket from Express. It's seen better days, but it's my go to to make my tee and jeans look great.
WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?
Club Monaco always has me dreaming, but I think I always try to emulate my grandmothers simple style of always being pulled together with classic pieces, and loads of gold jewelry.
WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, whom would it be with?     
In the blogger world, probably Krystal Bick of This Time Tomorrow. She also loves to wear classic pieces like tees, jackets and jeans and always adds an insane shoe that catches everyone's attention.   
____________________________________________________________________________________ 

A huge thank you to the beautiful Jessica of My Style Vita!  
Make sure you stop by her blog to give her some love :)

Also, a big thanks to the talented Rebekah Carson of Rebekah Carson Photography for all of the stunning images!

Like what you see? 
Find Jessica from My Style Vita here: 


 Sincerely,


 

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous style thanks so much for introducing us all to jessica totally obsessing over that blue coat and those studded heels xo

    http://myotherclosetiscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes- Jessica definitely has amazing style! And I just can't get enough of her sweet pup :)

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...