Saturday, February 9, 2013

blogger spotlight: a little dash of darling

You guys- I am seriously SO excited to introduce this week's blogger spotlight!  Meet Caitlin Lindquist, the author of A Little Dash of Darling.  She is a twenty-seven year old law student living in San Diego, CA with her husband and dog, Mini. Caitlin really has a unique way of mixing patterns, prints, in colors in a way that is eye catching and polished.  I am honestly surprised J.Crew hasn't snatched her up to be their newest stylist! No, really.  Make sure to read Caitlin's interview below and to check out her blog and give her some love!

____________________________________________________________________________________
 

WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?


One of my personal favorites would have to be my “Think All Pink” post where I monochromed my favorite color (pink!).  I had just purchased those gorgeous Miu Miu sparkle heels and I couldn’t wait to break them in.  I felt super girlie and chic in that outfit, and that’s what fashion is all about… expressing and feeling good about yourself.


However my most popular post is my “Everyday Sparkle.”  My readers loved the sequined chevron mixed with the gingham and a hint of feminine with the pink color block purse and sparkle dancing shoes (like a modern-day Dorothy).



WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?
 

These two would be my best posts to date because they have helped me discover what my readers enjoy most.  With fashion it’s sometimes easy to become self-conscious when you step outside the box… but if I like it, I go for it (and maybe my readers will like it too).  My blog and these posts in particular have helped me to just go with it if it’s what I am feeling.



WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?
 

I had been thinking about starting a fashion blog for over a year… but between law school and planning a wedding I found free time was seldom.  After our wedding I finally made some space in my life and started A Little Dash of Darling this past October.  

In law school things can get pretty tense and stressful.  I’ve found that doing even the small things for yourself can make a huge difference (like painting my nails or buying a new lipstick).  With this blog I can channel my creativity into something I am most passionate about: fashion… and I have enjoyed it every step of the way. 



WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

My biggest hesitation about starting a fashion blog was worrying I didn’t have what it takes.  You see these fashion bloggers out there with effortless style and ginormous followings and you wonder if you could ever measure up.  But I reminded myself how important it is not to measure yourself on someone else’s yardstick.

Another worry of mine was that people I knew (or didn’t know) would think I was pursuing vanity.  But (to be cliché), you only live once and if it makes you happy then do it.  Nevermind what people may think. 


WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?
 
At first it may seem like you are blogging to no one.  In the beginning I had no subscribers, no readers, and therefore no positive feedback on whether or not people liked what I was doing.  But you just have to keep going and be consistent.  Once they realize how special you and your blog are they will come back.
 
Also, the most important thing is to be original.  Don’t go scouting other people’s blogs and recreate the look head-to-toe.  If you like something you see, recreate it in your own way.  Your readers will enjoy seeing a new spin on something they love. 



WUYW:  What do you do for a living?   


Right now I am a law student at the University of San Diego School of Law.  I am a 3L (which means I graduate in nearly three months)!!  Aside from law school, I look at my blog as a business because I love what I am doing.  So, I guess you could say at the moment I am a law student and personal style blogger.  


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?


My style is ever-changing.  One minute I may be feeling girlie and feminine so I will be preppy and wear lots of bright colors and pretty dresses.  The next minute (usually come summer) I may be feeling more boho or rocker-chic and go with studded details, lacey numbers, and lots of layered jewelry.  I like to mix it up depending on my mood but for the most part I would describe my style as feminine.  No matter what I am wearing (even masculine pieces) I like to feel like a lady. 


 

WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?


Oh no!  This question scares me haha.  I would definitely have to say my Chanel purse.  That was a really big (and treasured) purchase for me.  In college at ASU I saw all these girls running around with their Louis Vuitton’s (which I never could have afforded at the time)… so I told myself that some day I would save up for that one “can’t-live-without” item I had been pining over. And the Chanel purse was it.  Oh I just love it so much.



WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

Definitely the stores.  I used to wander around the mall for fun just window-shopping and getting an idea of what was out there.  Thanks to the Internet I now just like to browse from the comfort of my own home curled up on the couch in my PJs.  There are also so many wonderful personal style blogs out there as well and it’s fun to see how they mix my favorite items.  And if I am ever in a fashion funk… I just look to Pinterest.  Where were we before that wonderful little site?

WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, whom would it be with?

I would have to say Olivia Palermo or Ashley & Mary-Kate Olsen. Those girls can do no wrong.

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you like my blog, A Little Dash of Darling.

 ____________________________________________________________________________________

In love with Cailtin already?  
 
You can find her here:

Thank you so much for participating, Caitlin!

Sincerely,


4 comments:

  1. Morgan thank you so so much for the feature! You are so darling and sweet and I feel so honored to have been selected. I love your blog and what you are doing with it. You are a rare little treasure my dear! Thanks again, I really appreciate your support!!
    Xo,
    Caitlin
    A Little Dash of Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a pleasure! Hope to do something together in the future soon :)

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete
  2. I love Caitlin's blog too! Such a great feature.

    Would love it if you stopped by sometime!

    Love from South Africa

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she the cutest? I will definitely be sure to stop by your blog! Thanks for reading :)

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...