Saturday, February 2, 2013

blogger spotlight: for all things lovely

Today Wake Up Your Wardrobe has the honor of featuring Megan Runion, the author of the stylish blog For All Things Lovely. She has a real talent for playing with vibrant colors, all while keeping up with the latest trends and staying true to her classic tastes. Enjoy her interview below and make sure to stop by her blog here!
____________________________________________________________________________________


WUYW: Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

I actually have a new favorite post that I just did this week called Relaxed Leather!  I tend to wear a lot of cutesy, colorful things (which I love, don't get me wrong), but this post just seemed a bit more edgy and out of the norm for me.  I like to shake things up every now and then!

WUYW: Why would you consider this your best post to date?

I'm pretty sure I answered this in the previous answer, but sometimes, it's the posts that you aren't feeling your best or feeling like it's really coming together in, that make the best wardrobe posts!


WUYW: How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog? 

 I initially started For All Things Lovely as a way to document my life through travel, home decor and fashion.  Turns out-my readers really felt what I was feeling which is fashion is my true passion.  Once I really got started, I knew exactly what I wanted my blog to be and what I had to do to get it there.  It's amazing how many friends you can make in the blogging world that have the very same interests as you!  It's so fun to relate on different levels and talk to someone via "you've got mail" status, but yet feel like you really know them and their life.  And that's what I wanted my blog to do for my readers, through fashion, of course!

WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

My biggest hesitation in starting a blog was time.  Some weeks are harder than others, but I knew if I was going to start one--I was going to stick with it.  It takes a lot more time than people think to put together an outfit, have photos taken and design a post.  And that's on a good day--usually, there are way more things that go into putting a post together and I like to make each one count.


WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

My biggest advice is write often.  I try to post everyday, but obviously sometimes, life gets in the way.  Your readers want to see that you're passionate about what you're doing.  Also, be yourself- everyone else is already taken. :)

WUYW: What do you do for a living?  

I am an Administrative Assistant by day for a local company in Greenville, SC.  Of course, Fashion is always on my brain, but I really enjoy the challenge of my job and love the people I work with.


WUYW: How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as feminine, classic and chic.

WUYW: If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

This is seriously the hardest question in the world!! But, if I could only save one item in my closet it would have to be my oversized Michael Kors watch.  I'm obsessed with anything gold and I love a big watch!  People ask me all the time and/or make comments about my big it is on my tiny wrist, but my answer is always the same--I can't help but love it!

WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

I get really inspired through other Fashion Bloggers.  Part of my morning routine is getting my post together and published, then it's all about my other favorite blogs.  Give me coffee and my Mac in the mornings and I'm one happy girl.  I, of course, look at magazines and watch a ton (too much, actually) of E! Entertainment where I get inspired a lot too, but when it comes to everyday--fashion bloggers have my heart.  I can only hope I inspire others the way these beautiful girls inspire me! 

WUYW: If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

If I could trade closets with anyone, it would have to be Rachel Zoe.  I think she is so fabulous and chic all the time.  Between her designer pieces + love for vintage, I would be in Heaven.  If for some reason, I was really lucky and got to pick a few more--I'd have to go with Giuliana Rancic, Lauren Conrad and Kourtney Kardashian.  You know, just to name a few. :)

 ____________________________________________________________________________________

A huge thanks to the sweet and beautiful Megan of For All Things Lovely!  Make sure you stop by to check out her adorable blog- I think you all will really enjoy it!


Sincerely,




2 comments:

  1. Love her style! Thanks for sharing about her blog…Heading there now!

    xoxo,

    Laura
    http://miss-beanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed the article! You should def add her to your daily blog reads, she is amazing :)

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...