Saturday, February 16, 2013

blogger spotlight: b soup

Um, hello!  Bethany Diffey from B Soup is our amazing blogger spotlight feature this week! Not only does she have super model looks, she also has a sense of style that cannot be rivaled.  Her personal style posts and curated style boards are to die for.  And just when you think all of these things would make you uber envious of her, she tops it all off with a hysterical sense of humor.  Want to see the girl who has it all?  Look no further!  


____________________________________________________________________________________

WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

Hmmm, let me comb though my archives real quick. Wow, I sure do have a lot of pictures of myself on here…who do I think I am?? Okay,  I’m going to have to go with the outfit I wore when Krystin Lee featured me on her blog Suburban Faux-Pas

 
WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date?

I wore this outfit to the Lucky FABB conference in September and aside from my feet bleeding by the end of the day, I felt comfortable in it the entire time because (for lack of a better term), “it’s so me.” I always mix prints, I’m a huge pom pom advocate, and I’m into borderline obnoxious neck wear. The day of, I actually wore it with a Jen Hoodenpyle necklace and it was le-git. Oh, and I had a good tan going on at the time. 


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

The first time I ever put my fingers to the keyboard in Blogger, I had NO idea what a “fashion” blog was. I had friends who blogged about their boozy weekend happenings, ways to cook a rump roast, and why they dumped their stupid boyfriends, but I was super out of the loop on anything outside that “genre.” So it started as a place for me to more or less upload the shopping lists and outfit collages that I had been hoarding on my computer. I only told two people I had it. That was in August 2010. Then at the end of March 2011 I was like, “why am I writing this if no one even knows it exists?” So, I decided to take a risk and share it on my Facebook wall. I talked myself in and out of it until about 3am the morning I made it public, and my eye twitched due to anxiety over it for the next 12 hours. Over the next couple of weeks  I got an overwhelming positive response, and after that I was hooked.
  

WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation? 
The same one I still have today. That people will think I’m vain. Having an entire website devoted to pictures of myself where I talk about what I want and “have to have,” is pretty self –serving. I know that’s what this industry is, but explaining it to people who aren’t familiar makes me cringe a little. Alas, I’m only going to be young once. And one day when I’m riding around on a Rascal and having my grandchildren file my corns, I want to look back at a vibrantly colored “yearbook” of my life where my favorite way to express myself is seamlessly documented. Another very motivating factor was thinking about all of the opportunities I’d missed out on in the past because I was afraid of what other people would think. I can’t live for “them.” If “they” even exist?


WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog? 

 MAKE FRIENDS. Blogging is a hobby, and a business, but it’s also an amazing  community. One of the first girls to reach out to me was Ashley of Side Smile Style, and we went from featuring each other on our blogs, to rooming together during fashion week, to now saying “I love you,” when we get off the phone. No one is an island and you’re always going to have questions, you’re going to experience waves of doubt, and you’re going to need to ask someone whether or not you should get bangs. And trust me, your boyfriend and cat are only going to have so many answers. I’ll be honest, not everyone wants to converse. If that’s the case, don’t take it personally. Just keep reaching out to  girls who’s style you identify with and have a similar voice. I wish I had done this earlier instead of keeping to myself. Oh, and at some point invest in a good camera. 


WUYW:  How would you describe your style?  

Whenever I’ve been asked this question, I feel like I force an answer because I don’t have a good one. Is loopy a style? My closet (and 3 rolling racks) are 80% prints. I wore a solid black dress to a wedding a few months ago and seriously felt so out of my element I can’t even tell you. I lean towards brights, interesting details, and statement pieces. Pile it on, honey.


WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be? 
A pearl necklace that my mom added on to every year on my birthday for 18 years and then gave to me on my high school graduation. I don’t think I’ve ever worn it. But that’s why it’s special.


WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most? 
There’s not a person necessarily, but looking at lines like Mary Katrantzou, Peter Pilotto, and, Clover Canyon, make the realm of possibility with mixing prints seem limitless. I can feel my pupils dilate when I look. 

WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, whom would it be with?   
I can’t bring myself to say a celebrity or public figure because they all fave stylists and half of the clothes are on loan, so I’m going to have to say my best friend, Paige. She always has the most ridiculous stuff. In the best way. In 7th grade she would wear 6” cork platform heels and fur jackets. With our uniform. At a private Christian School. She finds really fun, one of a kind vintage stuff, I’ve always loved standing in her closet.
____________________________________________________________________________________

A big, big, big THANKS to Bethany of B Soup for interviewing on behalf of WUYW!  Make sure you add her to your daily reading list....her blog is amazing!  

Like her style?  
Find her here:


Sincerely,




 

18 comments:

  1. Love seeing all your fab mixed print outfits and some of those great questions! Love your blog even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - glad to have found another favorite blog, her style is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously- I could pin every one of her outfits!

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete
  3. She is beautiful & I totally love her sense of humor!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It is one thing to be extremely beautiful and fashionable, but being hysterical really is the cherry on top.

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Make sure you stop by her blog- it is one of my must reads!

      xo,
      Morgan

      Delete
  5. yay shes gorgeous xxx
    www.islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bethany she is such an amazing girl and blogger! great feature :)


    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley
    SideSmile Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cool feature, love how she mixes prints!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...