Saturday, January 5, 2013

blogger spotlight: pearls and twirls

This week's Blogger Spotlight features one of my absolute favorite bloggers, Katie Lee of Pearls and Twirls. Her blog is named after her love of baton twirling (she even twirled at my Alma Mater- the University of Tennessee, Knoxville) and a love of a great set of classic pearls.  She is a natural beauty and has an amazing talent of mixing affordable items in a luxurious way! One of my favorite things about Pearls and Twirls is the way that Katie continues to rewear many of her favorite items in a variety of ways!  Read her interview below and make sure to head on over to her blog to check her out!
____________________________________________________________________________________

WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?  

This is a fun question because my personal favorite may not have been my most popular post or anyone else’s favorite post but for some reason this outfit stands out as my favorite all time outfit! http://www.pearlsandtwirls.net/miss-rosie/


WUYW:  Why would you consider this your best post to date? 

I loved (and still do love) every aspect of the outfit! The tied up silk polka dot top over the lace dress with the peter pan collar poking out was one of my favorite pairings.  Sometimes when you dream up dress/top pairings they don’t work out and sometimes they work out perfectly, this was one of those perfect pairings!

WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

Oh gosh, the second I came across my first blog (cupcakes and cashmere) I knew I wanted to start one! I immediately was beyond obsessed with the blogging community and knew I had to be a part of it.  It literally took me over a year to get started but I haven’t looked back since!

WUYW:  What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

 My biggest hesitation was just getting started in general.  How do you start, what should I name it, who will take my outfit pictures (and how weird is that going to be posing for someone?), how will I get a nice camera? Starting a blog is much harder than it seems but after a lot of wishing and thinking and dreaming I just took the plunge! 

WUYW:  What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Keep on keeping on! It’s so hard when you’re just getting started.  I know I struggled with finding my voice and deciding the direction that I wanted to take my blog but if you just keep going, posting and working at it things will just start to “fit” and fall into place.  It takes time of course but just keep at it!

WUYW:  What do you do for a living?  

I work in the E-Commerce department for Jewelry Television.

WUYW:  How would you describe your style?

I’ve always struggled with this question as my personal style has changed so much over the years.  I think I’ve always stayed with one common denominator though – over-accessorized. 

WUYW:  If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be? 

I still have yet to make my first real fashion purchase so when I do that will absolutely be my closet saving piece! But for now I have the most perfect LBD that I picked up on sale that I hope I will have for a long time.  It’s “that” dress you can always fall back on when you need something nice. 

WUYW:  Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

I’m always most influenced by “real girl” bloggers.  Yes, I’m obsessed with killer bloggers like Atlantic-Pacific, Brooklyn Blonde and This Time Tomorrow but they usually leave me dreaming of Celine, Chanel and Prada and my budget doesn’t quite allow for that. Most times I find myself influenced by bloggers who wear similar pieces that I own and challenge me to take what’s in my closet and mix and match in new ways, because that’s what blogging is all about, right? 

WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

If I could trade closets with anyone it would probably be an Olsen.  I don’t necessarily dress like them on a regular basis but if there are any two girls who are passionate about fashion it’s them! I’m pretty sure their closets tell a story from vintage Chanel to Birkin bags to the most amazing fur jackets, I’m pretty sure I could live in an Olsen’s closet! 


____________________________________________________________________________________

A HUGE thanks to Katie of Pearls and Twirls for allowing WUYW to interview you! 

Also, make sure to stop by Southern Blog Society- Katie is a Tennessee contributor on their blog!

Sincerely,




4 comments:

  1. Awesome read! I was never really into blogs before now I'm not sure how I ever lived without them?? Your awesome Morgan! I'm glad to have you wearing Candylinx! Now I'm going to go folow Katie Lee...yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she will be happy to have a new follower! She is one talented Tennessee gal :)

      xo,
      M

      Delete
  2. I love the nude tones! So cute! Love the outfits.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog A Little Dash of Darling

    Xo,
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the accessories much!

    Inspirasi Hijab Fashion Indonesia,
    http://republikhijab.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...