Saturday, January 19, 2013

blogger spotlight: lily says go

Today's blogger spotlight is featuring the adorable Lily of the life and style blog, Lily Says Go. Lily lives in Wisconsin while working for a family-owned wedding accessories company. She has a knack for always looking romantic, soft, feminine, and classic- all while keeping up with the most current trends AND doing it on a budget. Recently featured in Lucky Magazine for her girlish style, Lily's blog is DEFINITELY one that you need to add to your weekly reads. 
____________________________________________________________________________________

 
WUYW:  Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

I don’t know if I could single one post out as my absolute favorite. Recently I really liked the ones with my tulle skirt because it’s just so fun to wear. I also loved featuring my husband on his birthday and all the people and things I’m grateful for on Thanksgiving. The post from my birthday was maybe my favorite because I absolutely loved the hot pink vintage dress I wore.

 WUYW: Why would you consider this your best post to date?

Like I said, I loved the dress I wore that day and I felt so good in it. It was the first vintage dress I’ve ever had and I got so many compliments on it. We took the pictures on the top of an empty parking ramp and the lighting worked pretty well, and it was beautiful weather. Plus I was just happy that day because it was a great birthday.

WUYW: How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

I started it this past summer after tossing around the idea in my head for quite awhile. I was only aware of a few other blogs at the time but I loved them and wanted to join the fun. I had started posting my outfits on Instagram and that made me want to start an actual blog.

WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

I didn’t hesitate all that much. When I was thinking about it I thought I might not have enough ideas or things to say, but so far the more I blog the more the inspiration flows.

WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

I’m a pretty new blogger myself, so I’m no expert. You learn so much as you go. I would say if you have the inclination to do it, you should go for it. I had no idea how much I would love it. I wish I had started a long time ago.

WUYW: What do you do for a living? 

I work as a product manager in my family’s wedding accessories company. It’s small, so my job encompasses a wide variety of responsibilities from design to social media to working with brides on customizations. I love it.

WUYW: How would you describe your style?

Feminine, preppy, easy, classic. I go through phases though where I like one trend or another. I like to play around.

WUYW: If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

Oh that’s hard. Maybe my classic J.Crew trench. It’s made with such quality and it will never ever go out of style.

WUYW: Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

I just discovered Tuula Vintage and I’m crazy about her. I love her feminine but perfectly edited, clean style.
  
WUYW: If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Going with that, I’d say Jessica Stein of Tuula Vintage. I’d also love Olivia Palermo’s.


 ____________________________________________________________________________________

A sincere thank you to the beautiful Lily of Lily Says Go!  
Make sure to stop by her blog and check out her whimsical style.

Sincerely,



3 comments:

  1. I've been dying to find a tulle skirt like that! I'll definitely check out her blog!
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there) I like your blog very much. I would be happy to be friends with you. Could we follow each other?

    http://angistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...