Saturday, January 12, 2013

blogger spotlight: carrie bradshaw lied

I do not remember when or how I came across Kathleen's blog, but I do know one thing- the title of her blog sure did grab my attention!  Author of Carrie Bradshaw Lied, twenty five year old Kathleen, is the truest definition of a genuine, gorgeous southern belle.  One of my favorite things about her blog is the hysterical and honest dialogue she holds with her readers, which ironically reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw.  Carrie Bradshaw Lied encompasses a variety of topics- fashion, beauty, DIY, home decor, and even events in her personal life- its all there!  Head on over to Kathleen's blog to check her out!

____________________________________________________________________________________

WUYW: Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

Wow – that’s a tough question!  I really loved the Cherry Limeade post because of the way the clothing photographed, but I also adore Leather in theSummer because I’m always trying to find ways to wear leather year-round.
 
WUYW: Why would you consider this your best post to date?

My favorite posts aren’t necessarily the posts that receive the most comments or feedback, rather they’re the posts that I feel best reflect my personal style.  Though a photo taken on a good hair day doesn’t hurt!

WUYW: How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

Like most girls my age, I love all things SATC and was painfully unaware how unglamorous the transition into post-grad life would be.  I quickly learned it was dining out or shopping but rarely both.  How did Carrie Bradshaw dine at all these fabulous restaurants, buy her Manolo’s and afford rent on her Manhattan apartment on a newspaper journalist’s paycheck?

I consider myself a bargain shopper and I’m always mixing high-end with low-end pieces.  After constantly receiving questions on where I got these pants or that top or how did I think to put this and that together – I thought, why not put it all on one site and share some tips and tricks with everyone?  I am always inspired by other bloggers – real girls in all shapes and sizes with great style on real budgets.  From there, Carrie Bradshaw Lied began!


WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

I’ve been really fortunate to receive honors and accomplishments but not without failures and criticism.  In order to achieve great things you have to be willing to take the risk and negativity that may come with it – that’s life.  I’ve never claimed to have a trust fund or be a size 0 – I am just a 20-something who loves fashion and home d├ęcor and looks forward to payday so I can buy something off my wish list behind my husband’s back…that’s normal, right?

WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Stop and think about the blogs you follow and love and why you enjoy them.  Combine that with your own personal style and interests and be original!

WUYW: What do you do for a living? 

I work in marketing, public relations and events for a bank.

WUYW: How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as feminine and classic with a heavy dash of trend.
WUYW: If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

The HORROR!  It would probably have to be my mink stole that was my grandmother’s.  It came from the clothing store she owned with my grandfather and it has her name stitched on the inside.  It’s such a sentimental piece and I hope to see my own granddaughter wear it one day.  

WUYW: Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

I love reading blogs and magazines for style inspiration.  It’s always interesting to see the things that someone else pieces together and how it creates their overall look.  I love playing in my closet to wear pieces I already own in different ways.  Versatility is key in any wardrobe purchase!
  
WUYW:  If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

Olivia Palermo.  I love just about everything I see on her.  It could be the fact that she’s stunning and a toothpick…but she’s always spot on! 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________

I cannot thank Kathleen from Carrie Bradshaw Lied enough!  Seriously, she is a doll!  Make sure you go give her some love- oh, and check out her voluminous pony tutorial, I've been doing it for days now :)

Sincerely,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...