Thursday, December 13, 2012

what i wore: tinsel + tulle

 
There is something about the holidays that makes me want to wear anything and everything that sparkles.  Also, since I was about four years old, I have been dreaming of a day when I could wear a big tutu and it would be socially acceptable. Twenty-one years later, the tutu/tulle craze has finally arrived!

 I was so excited when I ordered this Modcloth Tulle Skirt.  I REALLY wanted the cream one from Anthropologie, but with the holidays coming soon I was on a budget. When it arrived, it was a little too big in the waist, and the tulle wasn't as pronounced as I had hoped. See below.


Enter my mother, the DIY darling.  She altered the skirt for me and added a few extra layers of tulle.  Not only do I love it when my mother helps me with my clothes because it reminds me of her whenever I wear it, but I also like knowing that I truly have a one of a kind piece!  Thanks Mom!











Top: Jcrew Factory (similar here) | Skirt: Modcloth | Shoes: Candies (similar here) | Belt: NY & Co. |  Clutch: Similar Here | Sunnies: Asos | Jewelry: Jcrew, David Yurman, David Yurman ring, Asos, Kate Spade, and Dillard's.

I think that this is going to have to be my Christmas Eve outfit :)
 What will you be wearing for the holidays?

Sincerely,




8 comments:

  1. I hope you wore that somewhere fun and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt looks amazing after your mom made the alterations- it's so flirty and girly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is definitely the best- bless her, she has had to tailor my clothes my whole life :)

      xo,
      Morgan of WUYW

      Delete
  3. omg this entire look is fabulous for the holidays! love everything! just found ur site hun! great content! now following! hope u will follow back :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It has quickly become one of my favorite outfits :) I appreciate it and I will be sure to stop by your blog!

      xo,
      Morgan of WUYW

      Delete
  4. I love this outfit - it's totally fab! I have that sequin top and I hadn't thought to put it with tulle. It's all so obvious now! And your mum did a fab job with the alterations x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I cannot get enough of sequins lately :)

      xo,
      Morgan of WUYW

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...