Saturday, December 15, 2012

blogger spotlight: bows and sequins

I am beyond excited to have had the opportunity to interview Jessica of Bows and Sequins.  Not only is she as cute and sweet as they come- she also has a natural affinity for mixing patterns and textures in a playful way.  Jessica has a knack for making her outfits seem effortless, achievable, and affordable!  Because of this talent, Jessica is one of the first bloggers I reached out to for advice when creating Wake Up Your Wardrobe.  Fashionable and kind?  Count me in!


__________________________________________________________________________

WUYW: Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

Wow, hard question! It’s hard to pick an absolute favorite… Sometimes I love the photography, sometimes I love the outfit, and sometimes I think I am more photogenic than other times. Recently, one of my favorite outfits has to be the outfit I wore to celebrate Bows & Sequins’ 2nd birthday. So fun & festive!


 
Another recent outfit post where I love the photography, but it’s a pretty basic outfit. The colors of the leaves are just perfect with my top, scarf, and coat!  



And an all-time favorite photo… I love the classic combination of this outfit!


WUYW: Why would you consider this your best post to date?

For the leopard/burgundy/fur snood outfit, the lighting on my friend’s rooftop was absolutely perfect and I love the classic, glamorous feel of the outfit!

WUYW: How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog? 

 I was “studying” for a finance final my senior year of college when I came across Pretty Shiny Sparkly and was introduced to a whole new world of blogging. I thought, “Hey, this looks like fun!” and went for it! I brainstormed some of my favorite things… Bows, Leopard, Sequins, Glitter, Jewelry… and came up with the name Bows & Sequins. I checked to make sure the URL was available and started my blog that night. I’m not sure how I passed that final because I definitely stayed up all night creating Bows & Sequins, not studying.
   
WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation? 

There was never any hesitation. I’m an impulsive girl! I stumbled across a personal style blog, instantly wanted to start one, thought of a name, and went for it! Seriously, all within a few hours.

WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Stay authentic! Don’t try to be just like your favorite blogger. Bring your own voice to the community! And be persistent. It’s a lot of work, but it’s so worth it!
  
WUYW: What do you do for a living?  

I’m a social media manager for EIGHT different brands! Thus, I am glued to Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube around the clock.
   
WUYW: How would you describe your style?
  
It’s definitely preppy and girly. I always try to add some glam, too. But my style is constantly evolving! A year ago, you could find me in jeans almost every day. Now, I rarely even wear denim on the weekend.

WUYW: If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?
  
My By Malene Birger leopard coat. There’s quite a story behind this one. 

 


WUYW: Who or what is currently influencing your style the most? 

Honestly, my closet. I’ve been trying to shop less and re-mix more! When I’m in need of some inspiration, a quick trip to J.Crew or some Pinterest browsing is always helpful. I keep a notebook full of magazine tear-outs and random outfit ideas that pop into my head!

 WUYW: If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?
 
Blair from Atlantic-Pacific… hands down!
__________________________________________________________________________

Now that you have gotten a little insight into Jessica's personal blogger style, head on over to Bows and Sequins to check her out for yourself for your daily dose of inspiration!

Thank you, Jessica!

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...