Saturday, December 29, 2012

blogger spotlight: ash 'n' fashn


For this week's blogger spotlight,  I have the pleasure of introducing you to Ashley Tarkington of Ash 'N' Fashn! Based in Los Angeles, this girl truly lives and breathes fashion.  Her blog is the perfect location of outstanding outfit inspiration- she has a real talent of looking effortless and never overdone. Not all of her posts are her personal outfits- some are of her favorite beauty products and shopping tips! 

____________________________________________________________________________________


WUYW: Of all of your posts, which outfit or feature has been your absolute favorite thus far?

My favorite post is a shoot I did on Balboa Island. It was a simple summer outfit but it was the perfect day and I had so much fun shooting it.


WUYW: Why would you consider this your best post to date?

I’ve had more fashion forward/informative posts, but I loved the way these pictures turned out.


WUYW:  How/why/when did you decide to start a fashion blog?

Last spring my boyfriend convinced me to take the plunge. I’m so glad I did.


WUYW: What was your biggest hesitation regarding starting a blog, and how did you overcome that hesitation?

I mean... it’s intimidating putting yourself out there. I also wondered how I’d find the time to post on a regular basis. But once you get into a groove and kinda find your voice, you learn to make time.


WUYW: What would be your biggest piece of advice for others who are just starting a blog?

Blog blog blog! So many newcomers get discouraged or burnt out early on and take breaks... it’s really important to have a consistent schedule when trying to build readership.


WUYW: What do you do for a living? 

I produce entertainment news and fashion segments for an entertainment website.


WUYW: How would you describe your style?

Eclectic. At times boho, then preppy and girly... a little of everything.


WUYW: If you could only save one item from your closet (heaven forbid), what item would it be?

I love everything in my closet but I’m not emotionally attached to one item more than the next. I’d probably save one of the vintage pieces my mom passed down to me.


WUYW: Who or what is currently influencing your style the most?

I get so  much inspiration from other bloggers. One of my current favs is the @targetdoesitagain instagram. I spend even more money at Target now!


WUYW: If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be with?

A tie between Olivia Palermo and Sienna Miller- my style is pretty much a hybrid of the two.




____________________________________________________________________________________

A sincere thank you to Ashley of Ash 'N' Fashion!  Make sure your next blog stop of the day is headed her way- you will love it!

Sincerely,


1 comment:

  1. I love that you do a blogger spotlight! I'd love to swap spotlights with you in the future if you are interested. Please check out my blog A Little Dash of Darling and let me know.

    Thanks!
    xo,
    Caitlin Lindquist from A Little Dash of Darling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I read each and every one of them.
xo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...